Welcome to my kids recipes blog!

Here is where I taste test our new recipes before i pass them along to you. My family loves food and I love to cook for them! As a family we strive to keep healthy foods in our cupboards and in our stomachs. Join in our journey ,our own personal food revolution. Visit us at MY KIDS Recipes and find your fun recipe today! See you there!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Coupons and Old Memories

This is all the craze right now. Everywhere I look I see a coupon frenzies and ultimate coupon shows. I love it, I don't know how to do it but I love it. I started researching how to do this because our grocery bill has just gotten out of hand. We are spending around 800.00 a month for a family of five. I feel quite guilty about this,guilty about spending my husbands' hard earned money incorrectly. I have tried in the past and failed miserably at it. I failed because I was going about it the wrong way.

I remember when I was a little girl and I would go to the store with my mom. I was always so embarrassed when we would approach the register and right then and there I knew what was coming. It was almost as if the sound of her unzipping her purse would echo through my head, the rustling of the coupons in her hand like old crumpled leaves tortured me at the worry of how many coupons she would drop and ask me to pick up .I would search rapidly around darting my eyes back and forth and praying none of my friends had decided to join their parents that day at the store. I hated it it made me feel poor. I never understood why she would sit for hours clipping coupons and sorting through them quietly at the dining room table.


I understand now. My mom was preserving my dads' hard earned money just as I am trying to do with my family. I recently found two sites www.Iamthatlady.com and http://www.raininghotcoupons.com/ that have been really helpful to me. For those of you like me who sit and worry about what I am going to cook for dinner, come up with a recipe and then end up at the grocery store several times a day, really need to use coupons. We all want to eat healthier and there are ALOT of coupons that can help accomplish that good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment