Welcome to my kids recipes blog!

Here is where I taste test our new recipes before i pass them along to you. My family loves food and I love to cook for them! As a family we strive to keep healthy foods in our cupboards and in our stomachs. Join in our journey ,our own personal food revolution. Visit us at MY KIDS Recipes and find your fun recipe today! See you there!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sofrito shrimp and tilapia

I have made this dish before but I wanted to change it up a bit and add fish so it would be a bit richer. In case you are not familiar with Sofrito here is a description:
This aromatic cooking base combines the bold flavors of tomato, onion, green peppers, cilantro and garlic, saving you valuable prep time in the kitchen. A heaping spoonful of Sofrito added to soups and stews is a classic first-step ingredient to authentic Latino cooking. From the Goya.com site.



My recipe consisted of :
One jar of Sofrito cooking base
One whole onion diced
2 stalks of celery diced
1 pound of shrimp
3 filets of tilapia
2 cups of rice
Directions:
Start by sauteing the tilapia in butter until cooked through. Remove from pan, add the onion and celery to the drippings from the fish and saute. Add the entire jar of Sofrito sauce and simmer. After about ten minutes add the shrimp and fish back in simmer for ten minutes. The fish is very delicate and should break up in the sauce. You can serve this over rice. My kids loved this and it was so easy to make. My toddler even loved this and he is the pickiest eater I have ever met.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is an incredible idea for a website/blog... let us help you to get found


    Greetings. This is my first time on your blog, but you have a terrific one. I am always on the look out for new blogs, new ideas. I especially appreciate all the details you d0. Great photos makes it seem like anyone can replicate the recipe!

    I am asking, would you please consider posting a few of your favorite recipes on erecipecards.com
    http://erecipecards.com/

    It is a tool for bloggers to see and to be seen. Your posts would fit in perfectly.

    in addition, all photos, recipe titles as well as your blog name would link directly back to your blog. Thus giving you new attention and potentially new readers.

    Or, if you just want to take a look at a lot of fellow food bloggers all in one place. A great learning experience to get ideas about how to establish your own blogging voice!


    Please take a look. If you have any ideas or questions, please do not hesitate to write

    Dave
    http://erecipecards.com/
    Contact@eRecipeCards.com

    ReplyDelete